PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH OF GHANA
DEPARTMENT OF MISSION AND EVANGELISM
Prayer is an art of communicating one’s emotions and desires with the God of creation who created us in His own image and likeness. It is an undeniable fact that, the Almighty God is willing to share His thoughts and will with us in order to guide our steps. Prayer include but not limited to; adoration, confession, thanksgiving, supplication, meditation, waiting, warfare and among others. Prayer requires spending time in his presence, meditating on and obedience to the word of God.
Most often, when we pray, there are at least three responses from God, namely; YES, NO or WAIT. The YES to our request is always obvious, however, NO and WAIT are difficult to comprehend, therefore, as people of God, we must develop a closer fellowship with Him in order to appreciate his NO and WAIT answers.
This prayer Bulletin is a guide to encourage all Presbyterians to spend time alone with God, immediate families, friends and congregational members. The prayer topics are endless; hence you are at liberty to add a few more. It is expected that the Department of Mission and Evangelism will come up with monthly prayer bulletin from February, 2021.
Beloved in Christ, let us draw near to the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in our time of need (Heb. 4:16). Pray without ceasing!
Additional biblical texts (Jer. 33:3; 2Chron. 7:14; Prov. 16:3; Phil. 4:6-7; Matt. 18:18-20)
Rev. Dr. E.K Sarbah
(National Director, Mission and Evangelism)
SATURDAY 1ST TO SUNDAY 9TH (PRAYER FOR ALL WOMEN)
“And the LORD said to him, “What Zelophehad’s daughters are saying is right. You must certainly give them property as an inheritance among their father’s relatives and give their father’s inheritance to them.” (Numbers 27:6-7)
- Give thanks to the Lord for His mercies in spite of the challenges that COVID-19 brought to the world.
- Thank God for all the women in our Churches especially those who are in leadership positions in our society and the Church.
- Pray for all women to be empowered like the daughters of Zelophehad so they can take their rightful positions in the society and church.
- Pray for our women in the Judiciary, Executive, and the Legislature.
- “Why should our father’s name disappear from his clan because he had no son? Give us property among our father’s relatives” (Num. 27:4). With reference to this scripture, pray for women to be change makers who would not take no for an answer.
- The daughters of Zelophehad took a risk by sending their petition to the leaders of that society. Women were not allowed such privileges in that society since it was strong patriarchal society. Pray that Presbyterian women would not fear to take risk that would bring a total turn around of events.
- Pray for the women of our Church and the church universal that the Lord will open their hearts to receive the unadulterated Word of God like Lydia who received Paul’s message wholeheartedly (Acts 16:14).
- “When she and the members of her household were baptized, she invited us to her home. “If you consider me a believer in the Lord,” she said, “come and stay at my house.” And she persuaded us.” (Acts 16:15) Let us pray that our women would be filled with genuine spirit of hospitality and through that they would be divinely rewarded.
- Let us stand in the gap for married couples who are expecting the fruit of the womb, that God would remember them just as He remembered Hannah (1 Sam 1:19).
- “So in the course of time Hannah became pregnant and gave birth to a son. She named him Samuel, saying, “Because I asked the LORD for him.” (1 Samuel 1:20) Declare prophetically that the God who answered Hannah’s prayer, would give our married women a dumbfounded miracle babies in Jesus name.
- Thank the Lord for giving us uncommon testimonies as families, Church, and the nation.
MONDAY 10TH TO SUNDAY 16TH (PRAY FOR THE MANIFESTATION OF THE SUPERNATURAL GIFTS)
“But to each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it. This is why it says: “When he ascended on high, he took many captives and gave gifts to his people.” (Ephesians 4:7-8)
- Pray thanking God for assembling various gifts of grace in the Presbyterian Church worldwide.
- Pray that each member of our Church would identify his or her gift and talent which is given to the body of Christ as a result of the ascension of Christ Jesus.
- Pray for the various gifts of the Holy Spirit to be made manifest in our Churches worldwide. Pray also that our members would be discerning enough to distinguish between gifts that are godly and those that are not (Acts 16:16-18).
- Pray that the five-fold ministries (Apostles, Prophets, Pastors, Teachers, and Evangelists) be identified, empowered and used in our Church (Eph 4:11).
- Pray for the evangelistic drive of the Church to receive fresh fire from above for the Church to step out of our comfort zones to reach out to the unreached in our societies (Acts 1:8).
- “Decayed churches can most certainly be revived by the preaching of the Word, accompanied by the coming of heavenly breadth from the four winds” C. H. Spurgeon. Let us pray for God to send a new wind of change to revive our Churches.
- “With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all” (Acts 4:33). With reference to this scripture, pray that God’s grace will be powerfully dispensed in our Church
- “And his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength” (Ephesians 1:19). Pray that this great power of God will be consistently witnessed in our Church meetings, for us to see miracles and conversion of the lost into the kingdom of God.
- Because of this great power from God, may He cause you to break all curses in your life, may all closed doors and gates open for you, from today, may you live a victorious Christian life and may you never lack divine directions in Jesus name.
- “I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.”( Luke 10:19) Pray that the church would take its rightful place and use the authority given by Jesus Christ to overcome all the powers of the enemy.
- Give thanks to God for His gifts in the church and also thank Him for enabling you to manifest His power. Sing P.H 20 to end your prayers.
MONDAY 17TH TO SUNDAY 23RD (THERE IS STILL HOPE IN CHRIST FOR YOU)
“Then God opened her eyes and she saw a well of water. So she went and filled the skin with water and gave the boy a drink.” (Genesis 21:19)
- Sing P.H. 6 to thank the Lord for all His blessings unto you, and also to encourage yourself that your soul must always magnify the Lord for the many blessings He has given you.
- Also sing P.H. 20, stanzas 1-4 and pray with the words in stanzas 2 to 4, that those who seek the Lord shall never lack any good thing (Psalm 34:10).
- Let us pray for the body of Christ to be hopeful in the Lord, that He is faithful to all His promises and that none of His promises will ever fail, for we have this assurance that “if we are faithless, He will remain faithful for He cannot disown Himself” (2 Timothy 2:13).
- Let us keep praying for those who have lost hope in themselves and in God because of their situations (financial, health, marriage, fruit of the womb, etc) that God would visit them in their affliction as the scripture says “But he lifted the needy out of their affliction and increased their families like flocks.”( Psalms 107:41)
- The book of Job has this encouragement for the one who has lost hope in life: “At least there is hope for a tree: If it is cut down, it will sprout again, and its new shoots will not fail.”( Job 14:7) Pray that the hopeless in the church would find hope In Christ.
- “Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him.” (Psalms 62:5) with reference to this scripture, pray that the body of Christ would find comfort in the fact that our hope comes from Him.
- “I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread”( Psalms 37:25). Pray that this assurance in God’s Word would be re-echoed to the hopeless in the church.
- Let us pray against any suicidal spirits, and thoughts in the life of our church members (Isaiah 54:17).
- Prayerfully commit all Agents and their spouses of our dear church to God’s mercy and protection. That untimely death will be blocked from entering into the church.
- “Then she went off and sat down about a bowshot away, for she thought, “I cannot watch the boy die.” And as she sat there, she began to sob.”( Genesis 21:16) With reference to this scripture, pray that parents would not witness the death of their children prematurely.
- Pray and take cover in the name of Jesus Christ and His shed blood on the cross. Plead that the overcoming power in the blood of Jesus Christ will work for you and your household. That the blood cover all our church members especially the Agents and their families (Rev. 12:11).
- Declare that from today, the blood of Jesus Christ will speak better things for you and your household: your marriage, business, ministry, career, etc.
- Declare that from today the blood of Jesus Christ will speak Passover for you. That when disaster is approaching and sees the blood on you and your household, it should passover. Premature death, demonic sickness, arrow that flies by day or night, poverty, etc will passover as they approach you and your household as well as the church in Jesus name (Joshua 2:12-13,18). Thank God for answered prayer
MONDAY 24TH TO MONDAY 31ST (THE PENTECOST EXPERIENCE)
“When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting.” (Acts 2:1-2)
- Let us give thanks to God for the evangelistic drive of the church, thank God for the missionaries who laid down their lives for the spread of the Gospel.
- With reference to P.H. 282 stanza 2, let us pray that God will rain down fresh fire to rekindle the spirit of evangelism in the church.
- Pray for the Mission and Evangelism Department of the Church. That God through the Church will resource them for the greater task ahead of the department. Pray for the New Director, that God will empower him in his assignment. Pray for all the workers in the department at the Head Office, Presbyteries, Districts, and Congregations, that God will give them strength for their assignments.
- Pray especially for the Media wing of our church, that our church would devote more resources to achieve the plan to get us our own Television Station. Pray for Kingdom helpers to make this vision achievable within the shortest possible time.
- Pray that Ministers of the Church would also allow the flow of the Spirit of God in the church, and also identify and mentor others.
- Let us pray for sudden empowerment of the Holy Ghost, like it happened on the day of Pentecost in Acts 2:1-2.
- Pray for the various ministries of our church: singing ministry, ushering ministry, children’s ministry, market ministry, prison ministry, diaspora mission, etc to be filled with the Holy Spirit and be result oriented.
- Pray for the Vision 1.5 that members of the church will wholeheartedly embrace and ‘run with this vision’ until we see an astronomical growth of our church to the glory of God.
- Pray for the Youth of our church to be empowered and be mission minded. That they would not be swayed into other religions but be steadfast in the faith of our church. Pray that nothing will discourage them in the faith (1 Tim 4:12).
- Thank the Lord for His protection and guidance throughout the month of May and thank Him for all His provisions.
26TH – 30TH Equipped for Ministry “Weapons of warfare” 2 Corinthians 10:4
- Thank God for the end of the month
- Pray to God for his divine provision in the coming month
- Pray against any occultic activity against your family or within your neighbourhood
- Pray against the spirit of giving up, betrayal and abuse
- Pray against any plan of the evil one against your congregation, Agents and leadership
- Pray against any seed of confusion and division sown in the family, church or community
- Pray against territorial spirit and rulers of darkness operating in your community
- Pray for the officers of General Assembly, the General Assembly Council, and all Church members
- Pray for the peace and economic well-being of Ghana