PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH OF GHANA
DEPARTMENT OF MISSION AND EVANGELISM
Prayer is an art of communicating one’s emotions and desires with the God of creation who created us in His own image and likeness. It is an undeniable fact that, the Almighty God is willing to share His thoughts and will with us in order to guide our steps. Prayer include but not limited to; adoration, confession, thanksgiving, supplication, meditation, waiting, warfare and among others. Prayer requires spending time in his presence, meditating on and obedience to the word of God.
Most often, when we pray, there are at least three responses from God, namely; YES, NO or WAIT. The YES to our request is always obvious, however, NO and WAIT are difficult to comprehend, therefore, as people of God, we must develop a closer fellowship with Him in order to appreciate his NO and WAIT answers.
This prayer Bulletin is a guide to encourage all Presbyterians to spend time alone with God, immediate families, friends and congregational members. The prayer topics are endless; hence you are at liberty to add a few more. It is expected that the Department of Mission and Evangelism will come up with monthly prayer bulletin from February, 2021.
Beloved in Christ, let us draw near to the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in our time of need (Heb. 4:16). Pray without ceasing!
Additional biblical texts (Jer. 33:3; 2Chron. 7:14; Prov. 16:3; Phil. 4:6-7; Matt. 18:18-20)
Rev. Dr. E.K Sarbah
(National Director, Mission and Evangelism)
WEEK 1: 1ST – 8TH AUGUST, 2021
PRAY FOR PCG
- Give thanks to the Lord for a new month. Pray that God will make all things new for you (Gen. 5:1-2, Is. 42:5).
- Pray for a transformed and renewed heart, mind and spirit to enable you worship God in truth and in spirit (Rom. 12:1-2).
- Pray for the leadership of the Presbyterian Church of Ghana as they prepare for General Assembly (1 Pet. 5:1-5).
- Pray that General Assembly will be another opportunity where God’s plan for the Church will be revealed and fulfilled (Acts 4:23-26).
- Pray for travelling mercies and good health for all the Commissioners. (2 Thess. 2:13-17)
- Pray that the Commissioners will allow themselves to be directed by the Holy Spirit to take decisions that can be implemented to move the Church forward (2 Thess. 3:1-5).
- Pray for all workshop groups that, they shall discern the will of God, devoted and committed to duty. (1 Cor. 12:4-7)
- Pray for the finances of the Church. That God will bless his children to have good jobs and be willing to give, offer, donate or contribute to the Church financially (2 Cor. 9:8).
- Pray that members will support the Church with their resources (2 Cor. 9:6-7)
- Pray that members of the Church will be very serious in their worship life (Matt. 7:24).
- That Covid’ 19 will not defeat the plans of the Church (Vision 1.5 Agenda) Jer. 29:11.
WEEK 2: 9TH -16TH AUGUST, 2021
PRAY FOR AGENTS
- That Agents will be selfless and serve God in all sincerity (Jn. 13:15).
- That all Agents shall find fulfilment in ministry ( 2 Tim. 4:1-5)
- That Presbyters and group leaders will stand firm and work to the glory of God. (1 Cor. 15:58)
- That the entire leadership of the Church (lay and ordained) will be sensitive to recent developments in the country and the world at large and develop strategies to overcome them (Col. 3:16-17).
- Pray that there will be cordial relationship among Ministers, Catechists, Presbyters and Group Leaders of the Church to fulfil the Vision and Mission of the Church (Phil. 2:1-2).
- Pray for the Generational and Inter-generational groups to fulfill their mandate to expand the frontiers of the kingdom of God (Eph. 4:1-7)
- Pray for Children Service Teachers to live up to their calling in order to build the children up into the image of Christ (Jude 20:20-23)
- Pray for the Music Ministry of the Church. That they will be filled with the Holy Spirit to minister in the power and Spirit of God (Eph. 6:10)
- Pray that the Presbyterian Church of Ghana shall continue to enjoy goodwill across the world for Church Growth (Phil. 3:12-14).
Pray that General Assembly shall discern the will of God in all their deliberations (2 Tim. 4:6-
WEEK 3: 17TH-24TH AUGUST, 2021
PRAYER FOR LEADERS
- Let us pray that the citizenry will be conscious of sin (Rom. 3:230
- Let us pray that Ghanaians will take their health issues very seriously. (1 Jn. 2)
- Pray that the COVID 19 protocols will be followed by the citizenry (Jn. 13:34-35)
- Let us pray for our health personnel as they help in the prevention of COVID 19 (1 Thess. 4:1-8).
- Pray for the Government and NGO’s to get all the vaccines and other equipments that can help us fight the COVID 19 (1 Thess. 3:8)
- Pray for the manufacturers of the vaccines and the one to be established in Ghana (Phil.5:1-2)
- Pray to be an intercessor for the good of the State and the Church (1 Tim. 2:1-4)
- Pray that everything you do in the Church and the State should be done in love. (1 Cor. 16:14)
- Pray for the strength of God so that you can boldly declare and make known the mystery of the gospel (Eph. 6:19)
- Pray for the Spirit of tolerance among Christians and other faith (James 1:19-20)
- Pray to God that Ghanaians will have a forgiving heart (Lk. 6:37)
- Pray that Christians will be submissive to their maker (Job 4:17)
WEEK 4: 25TH – 31ST AUGUST, 2021
PRAY FOR MEMBERS
- Pray that members of the Church will portray the Character of Christ (Gal. 6:7-8).a
- Pray that we should all endeavour to relate well and be at peace with one another very well (Titus 1:9; Acts 20:28).
- Pray for a renewal in the Church and the nation (2 Chro. 14:2; 2 Chro. 17:6)
- Pray that members shall develop personal relationship with God (Eph. 2:19-20)
- Pray that members shall be empowered by God to be faithful with the resources entrusted into their care and never allow themselves to be corrupted (Prov. 4:24).
- Pray for a godly character to be imputed in members (2 Tim. 2:22)
- Pray that God should continue to use Christian organizations in Ghana to speak against the ills in society (Titus 1:1-3)
- Pray that members shall continue to develop a life that depends on God (Ps. 66:1-4)
- Pray that God will increase your faith and bless you. (Ps. 147:11; Michal 7:7)
- Let us pray that the entire nation will cultivate the real character of God, even under COVID 19 (Ps. 51:6; Prov. 3:21-22)
- Let us pray to be faithful and obedient to God (1 Cor. 10:13).
- Let us pray to be people who cherish the Word of God (Ps. 119:11-12)