PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH OF GHANA
DEPARTMENT OF MISSION AND EVANGELISM
Prayer is an art of communicating one’s emotions and desires with the God of creation who created us in His own image and likeness. It is an undeniable fact that, the Almighty God is willing to share His thoughts and will with us in order to guide our steps. Prayer include but not limited to; adoration, confession, thanksgiving, supplication, meditation, waiting, warfare and among others. Prayer requires spending time in his presence, meditating on and obedience to the word of God.
Most often, when we pray, there are at least three responses from God, namely; YES, NO or WAIT. The YES to our request is always obvious, however, NO and WAIT are difficult to comprehend, therefore, as people of God, we must develop a closer fellowship with Him in order to appreciate his NO and WAIT answers.
This prayer Bulletin is a guide to encourage all Presbyterians to spend time alone with God, immediate families, friends and congregational members. The prayer topics are endless; hence you are at liberty to add a few more. It is expected that the Department of Mission and Evangelism will come up with monthly prayer bulletin from February, 2021.
Beloved in Christ, let us draw near to the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in our time of need (Heb. 4:16). Pray without ceasing!
Additional biblical texts (Jer. 33:3; 2Chron. 7:14; Prov. 16:3; Phil. 4:6-7; Matt. 18:18-20)
Rev. Dr. E.K Sarbah
(National Director, Mission and Evangelism)
1st WEEK – 1ST – 8TH FEBRUARY 2021
- With PH 31, Praise the Name of the Lord God who made the earth, air, sky, sea, who gave light, and all other things that we have.
- With a heart of humility and meekness, confess all known and unknown sins committed by yourself and family.
- Refer to Philippians 4:6-7 and pray for God to grant you the spirit of calmness so as not to be anxious for anything.
- Referring to the same scripture above, pray for the Christian community not to be worried or anxious, rather, desire to seek the face of God and peace of all, at all times.
- Pray and commend your thinking, projections and desires unto the Lord for guidance.
- Take note of Jeremiah 29:11-14 and ask God to cause His plans for your life, family, friends etc, to be established.
- Pray for the divine plans of God concerning the Church and Nation in this month and the rest of the months of the year to be established.
- Pray against any plan or projections contrary to the plans of God in this month.
- Pray for God to restore fortunes, restore testimonies and miracles that have been held by any condition not in accordance with the will of God.
- Give thanks unto the Lord for answered prayers and confess your total trust in Him.
2ND WEEK 9TH – 15TH FEBRUARY, 2021
- Everything in the heavens and on earth shows the glory of God, referring to Psalm 19:1 and PH 32, give glory to the Lord most High for His wonderful creation of things for our good.
- Pray and humbly ask the Lord to keep His servants from presumptuous sins as you keep Psalm 18:13 in mind.
- Pray that Christians and members of our Church will have dominion over evil and fleshly or worldly desires, to be blameless and reject transgressions.
- Refer to Psalm 19:14 and pray as the Psalmist prayed for all Christians believers especially our members that the Word of God will be accepted and dealt with on all the time, that the words of our mouths and the meditation of our hearts be acceptable before God.
- Pray for all those who have become faithless as a result of conditions that they are facing; that God will show Himself as a rock and a redeemer unto them.
- Pray for the sick, especially those who have been hospitalized, those without any hope for the Lord’s healing power.
- Prayer for Church Leadership in your congregation, group leaders and committee members for God’s divine empowerment.
- With Psalm 19:12-13, pray that Christians through the enablement of the Holy Spirit will discern and quickly identify their faults, errors, mistakes and come back to the right way to please the Lord.
- Pray that at all times, your steps, speech, actions and deeds be guided by the scriptures and the promptings of the Holy Spirit.
- With other songs of thanksgiving, thank the Lord for the time with you and for answered prayers.
3RD WEEK 16TH – 22ND FEBRUARY, 2021
- With Psalm 96 and PH 30, worship the holiness of God with songs of praise.
- Again as noted in PH 30:1, praise the glorious nature of God, the creator and sustainer of the world in love, for His great provisions, infinite wisdom and omnipotence.
- Pray into the week asking the Lord to guard our steps as Christians from sins, empower us in the Holy Spirit to live right and serve Him wholeheartedly.
- God is noted in the Hymn as the Great Provider and referring to Philippians 4:19, ask Him to continue to provide the needs of all those who trust in His provision.
- Pray for those on the streets who have nowhere to sleep, nothing to eat or shelter, for God’s great vision on them to provide their needs.
- Pray for the rich to live for the Lord and be ready to provide for the needs of the poor.
- Pray for Pastors, Evangelists, Missionaries, Christian workers and other Christians who are in other parts of the world in the service of God to propagate the gospel.
- Psalm 96:5 says “For all the gods of the peoples are worthless idols but the Lord made the heavens”, pray for all those who are serving other gods to know this truth.
- Pray and render powerless all other powers contrary to the power of Jesus Christ, breaking down all forms of demonic altars and wicked mandates against the people of God.
- Refer to Psalm 96:8 and ascribe all praise to Him for His great provisions.
4TH WEEK 23RD – 29TH FEBRUARY, 2021
- Refer to Psalm 107:1 and PH 716, and praise the glorious name of God our King for His mercies and faithfulness in all these times past.
- Thank the Lord again for the day to day blessings, the lights and the universe for His precious handling of us through His Son Jesus Christ.
- Pray that in the coming months, God will give farmers enough and abundant rain for increased yields.
- Pray for all workers to give off their best at all times.
- Referring to Joel 2:28, Zech. 12:10a, ask for the fresh spirit of supplication to be poured on our Church for great, extraordinary revival and growth.
- Pray for spirit filled leaders ready to sacrifice to build the Church of the Lord and grow His Church.
- Pray that in this year, more souls will be won for the Lord.
- Pray for members of the Church including the Leadership to desire and be interested in soul winning with power as noted in Acts 1:8.
- Pray for members of the Church to desire to grow into maturity the more as they make efforts to make Christ known to others.
- Praise the Lord for all that we have in life and for all that we shall possess, knowing very well that they are from God. (PH 718).