PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH OF GHANA
DEPARTMENT OF MISSION AND EVANGELISM
Prayer is an art of communicating one’s emotions and desires with the God of creation who created us in His own image and likeness. It is an undeniable fact that, the Almighty God is willing to share His thoughts and will with us in order to guide our steps. Prayer include but not limited to; adoration, confession, thanksgiving, supplication, meditation, waiting, warfare and among others. Prayer requires spending time in his presence, meditating on and obedience to the word of God.
Most often, when we pray, there are at least three responses from God, namely; YES, NO or WAIT. The YES to our request is always obvious, however, NO and WAIT are difficult to comprehend, therefore, as people of God, we must develop a closer fellowship with Him in order to appreciate his NO and WAIT answers.
This prayer Bulletin is a guide to encourage all Presbyterians to spend time alone with God, immediate families, friends and congregational members. The prayer topics are endless; hence you are at liberty to add a few more. It is expected that the Department of Mission and Evangelism will come up with monthly prayer bulletin from February, 2021.
Beloved in Christ, let us draw near to the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in our time of need (Heb. 4:16). Pray without ceasing!
Additional biblical texts (Jer. 33:3; 2Chron. 7:14; Prov. 16:3; Phil. 4:6-7; Matt. 18:18-20)
Rev. Dr. E.K Sarbah
(National Director, Mission and Evangelism)
Prayer Bulletin for July 2021
- Thank God for bringing us into the seventh month of the year and also the second half of this Thank him for Your loving kindness and tender mercies towards us. Thank Him for preserving our lives. Give Him all the praise – Psalm 92:4-5, Lamentation 3:22- 23.
- Thank the Lord for all the accomplishments in the first half of the year. Return all the glory to Him, for it is His grace that made it possible for us to accomplish these things (1 Corinthians 15:10, Psalm 16:2).
- Father, we cannot thank you enough for your wonderful hands upon the Presbyterian Church of Ghana, you have been so faithful to your Church. Therefore, we lay it to heart to say thank you. Malachi 2:2
- O Lord, seven represents completeness. This seventh month, Abba Father, release the grace for completion on us. Help us with everything we need spiritually and physically to complete the projects and plans we have for this year. Strengthen us, help us, provide our needs so we do end up with abandoned projects (Philippians 1:6, Zechariah 4:6-9).
- Lord this seventh month of the year, let Your hand of perfection rest mightily on all members of the Presbyterian Church of Perfect all that concerns the members. (Psalm 138:8)
- O Lord, let Your hand of perfection straighten every crooked path before us. Let the path we daily walk in not be crooked, corrupt, and perverse. Lead us O Lord on the path of righteousness and holiness that our lives shall bring glory and honour to Your Holy Name (Isaiah 45:2, Philippians 2:15).
- Father help us to be focused during this 7th month of 2021 and empower us in prayer and holy living, Holy Ghost, strengthen us. Zechariah 12:10
- Lord order our steps throughout this month, do not let us walk into any danger of any kind. Psalms 37:23
- Lord, let there be peace in our lives in July, remove every burden and turn every issue of concern into testimony according to your word. Luke 21:13
- Lord, let the blood of Jesus speak for us and nullify every satanic manipulation, vow, and pronouncement made against us in the Name of Jesus. Lamentations 3:37.
- Father, I pray for more Grace upon the Ministers and Leaders of the PCG, unleash more anointing upon their lives, give them more wisdom and understating to teach and preach to the Glory of Your name. Ephesians 6:19, 1 Thessalonian 5:2
- Lord, we ask for Divine Wisdom to deal with the issues of life and give us favour in your sight and the sight of men. Proverbs 3:4, psalms 5:12
- Lord help us to be more spiritually minded, help us to live a sanctified life that will please you at all times. Romans 8: 5-7
- Father, we pray for supernatural Church growth after the order of early Church. Acts 2:47.
- Lord Manifest your Power and Glory on all the programmes we are going to hold for the rest of the year, especially, the 21st General Assembly. 1 Samuel 3:21
- Father give all the members of the PCG the Grace to be fully committed to promoting your Kingdom and working for you. Mathew 6:33
- Father help all the members of the PCG to grow spiritually (studying your word, fasting and praying, attending services even amid the pandemic). Romans 8:6
- Father, we pray for revival in the Presbyterian Church of Ghana, revive those that are weak, revive those that are backsliding. James 4:8, Isaiah 57:15
- Father in all of our Sunday forenoon services, and any other day, let your presence and the power of the Holy Ghost be made manifest. Luke 21:1
- For every worker in the Church reward them because you are not a user of men but a rewarder. Hebrews 11:6b, Exodus 23:25
- Father I pray for the students in our midst, I pray for academic excellence after the order of the Hebrew boys. Daniel 5:12
- Father increase the Presbyterian Church of Ghana in all dimensions this month and beyond Psalms 115:14-15
- Lord let your light shine upon PCG and all that we do this year after the order of Isaiah 60:1-22
- Father let your mercies prevail over the nations of the earth and let peace Psalm 112:6
- Lord deliver all the members of the Presbyterian Church of Ghana from any form of bad habits that do not glorify you. Use your blood to purge the conscience of all members from dead works. Hebrews 9:14