Brong Ahafo Presbytery new Chairperson inducted into office
Reverend Benjamin Appiah, was inducted into office as the new Chairperson for the Brong Ahafo Presbytery of the Presbyterian Church of Ghana, on Sunday 14th November 2021 at the Ebenezer Congregation in Sunyani.
Rev. Appaih, immediate past Clerk of the Europe Presbytery of the PCG, succeeds Rev. Dr William Kwabena Ofosu Addo, whose tenure of office as Presbytery Chairperson ended on August 31 this year.
The Service was officiated by the Moderator of the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church of Ghana, Rt. Rev. Prof. Joseph Obiri Yeboah Mante. He was assisted by the Clerk of the General Assembly of the Church, Rev Dr. Godwin Nii Noi Odonkor and the General Assembly Council.
Rev. Appiah thanked the Brong Ahafo Presbytery for the confidence reposed in him, and the out-gone Presbytery Chairperson, Rev Dr Ofosu Addo, for his dedication and exemplary leadership, which had made the Presbytery as one of the best in the Church.
Rev. Benjamin Appiah was born on 16th January, 1967 at Duayaw Nkwanta in the Brong Ahafo Region, now Ahafo Region to Mr. Douglas Kofi Appiah and Mrs. Comfort Osei Appiah, all of blessed memory. He is an ordained Minister of the Presbyterian Church of Ghana and has served for the past eighteen (18) years.
Rev. Benjamin Appiah had his Primary and Middle Schools education at the Presbyterian Primary and Middle School, Bechem after which he proceeded to the Presbyterian Secondary School, Bechem (now Presbyterian Senior High School, Bechem). Rev. Benjamin Appiah after his secondary education attended the Berekum Training College, Berekum (now Berekum College of Education). Rev. Benjamin Appiah also holds a Master of Arts and Master of Philosophy in Religious Studies from the University of Ghana, Legon.
Rev. Benjamin Appiah was commissioned into the Holy Ministry on 1st June 2003 at the Salvation Congregation, Achimota, New Achimota District after his three-year ministerial training and formation at the Trinity Theological Seminary, Legon and graduated with Bachelor of Divinity honours. He was subsequently ordained on 15th July, 2005 at the Trinity Congregation, Techiman in the Brong Ahafo Presbytery.
Rev. Benjamin Appiah has held a number of positions in ministry. These include:
- Congregational Treasurer -Good Shepherd Congregation, Bechem
- Congregational Session Clerk -Good Shepherd Congregation, Bechem
- Presbyter -Good Shepherd Congregation, Bechem
- Secretary -Full Gospel Business Mens’ Fellowship Int. Bechem
- SRC Works Secretary -Grant Hall, Trinity Theological Seminary, Legon
- SRC Works Secretary -Trinity Theological Seminary Legon
- Recorder/Chief Recorder -Brong Ahafo Presbytery
Rev. Benjamin Appiah has served the Church in various capacities and these include:
- Minister-in-Charge – Ebenezer Congregation, Drobo -2003-2005
- District Minister – Drobo District -2005-2008
- District Minister – Odomase District -2008-2013
- Student Attached Min. – Bethel Cong., Bubuashie -2013-2015
- Minister-in-Charge – Asomdwoe Mma” Cong. -2015-2017 Hamburg, Germany Dist.
- District Minister – North Germany District -2018-2021
- Again, he served as the Youth Coordinator of the Brong Ahafo Presbytery which included the current West Brong Presbytery from 2004 –2008.
Rev. Benjamin Appiah has served as Clerk of Presbytery in two Presbyteries; Brong Ahafo Presbytery (2008-2012) and Europe Presbytery (2018 – 2021), where he had the opportunity to do missions and missionary work in the United Kingdom, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, France, Italy, Norway, Spain and Sweden.
He is married to Mrs. Charity Appiah and they are blessed with four children; Kobby, Andy, Junior and Krista.